Just about 70 fishermen from all over Alaska have gathered in Juneau for the Young Fishermen Summit. Nearly every fishery is represented here, with gillnetters being the highest volume. Most of the attendees are from Southeast, however Bristol Bay is highly represented as well. The two day event covers many facets of the fishing industry, including fishery management, private marketing and politics. I’ve included some quick video from Bruce Gabry’s talk on record keeping. The images are from the media package included at the summit. Check back for more updates as the day continues. Later today, we will be at the NOAA Headquarters at Lena Point. Stay tuned and post any questions if you are interested.
- King Crabs Starts in Southeast Alaska Today. (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Symphony of Seafoods 2012 Winners | Taste Alaska’s Best (juneautek.com)
- Dutch Harbor Update | When Hell Freezes Over… (juneautek.com)
- Alaska Commercial Fishing Viewpoints | F/V Loki (juneautek.com)
- Alaska Commercial Fishing Viewpoints | F/V Iris | Ketchikan Power Trollers (juneautek.com)