Commercial dungy crabbing is about to start in Oregon. Actually, pots are soaking at the time of this post. After a doubtful start concerning the weight and meat ratio, crabbers are now fetching the highest price ever at 2.30 a pound. Typically, this is one of the most dangerous gigs a fisherman can endure. Not only is it labor intensive, the weather conditions off the Oregon coast during the winter are less than favorable. A fellow crew member of mine made 100,000 dollars last season, so it’s well worth the sacrifice. Good luck out there to all the captains and crew who participate in this grueling fishery.
- Alaska Commercial Fishing Viewpoints | F/V Quandary (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Commercial Fishing Viewpoints | F/V Anthony G Squid 2011 (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Alaska Commercial Fishing ViewPoints | F/V Sylvia (juneautek.com)
- Alaska Commercial Fishing Viewpoints | F/V Cape Flattery (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- 2011 West Coast Commercial Fishing Year in Review | Part I (juneautek.com)