This is a great idea for the smaller vessels like skiffs and such that don’t have room for a standard GPS. I personally will be using it for back country sking so I can track the unknown nether regions of Douglas island. The SOS feature is the key for any person or vessel in distress and the ability to send texts from nearly anywhere could come in handy, especially in emergencies. The best feature is to simply use it with your laptop. For only 149.99, it’s a sturdy, waterproof GPS with cool texting bonus features. The service will cost you another 99 bucks per year, though. Is is worth it? I’ve got one of these on my Christmas list, so I’ll have a review soon. Right, Santa?
- Garmin And Magellan GPS Evaluate (tfollowers.com)
- Open Up a World of Exploration with a GPS Device from KeenHandheldGPS.com (prweb.com)
- What the Next-Gen GPS Satellite Upgrade Means for You (pcworld.com)
- GPS Waypoint Manager – Free BETA (mentionku.wordpress.com)
- GPS III explained: Everything you need to know about the next generation of GPS (digitaltrends.com)