I’ve made to Seattle to prepare the F/V Halcyon for the upcoming salmon season in Southeast Alaska. Basically, we have to repair the net, put a engine in the skiff and paint the boat. If everything goes according to plan, we should be ready to travel north by the end of the next week. We will be super busy in the coming days, so my blog traffic will subside. I will be doing #DockTalk updates though twitter @Juneautek and I will be posting all the recent news articles on www.facebook.com/BackDeckBlog. Feel free to post news articles that you find on the Facebook page, too. I’m stoked for an incredible summer. The salmon price is at its highest in years, and I can’t wait to get started. Make sure to check in with twitter and Facebook and I will keep the updates and photos coming. Stay tuned in… it’s gonna be a crazy summer. Look for a new post about southeast Alaska’s first girl skipper! Yep, girls kill fish, too!
- Get In Gear | Spring Fever Photo Contest (juneautek.com)
- Fishtory | Southeast Alaska and Herring (juneautek.com)
- PhotoWalk | Juneau Maritime Festival 2012 (juneautek.com)
- Salmon Summery | Looking Back and Pushing Forward (juneautek.com)
- Southeast Alaska Seiner Buyback | Update: NFMS Pass Fleet Consolidation (juneautek.com)