In Alaska, 133 fisherman died at sea between 2000 to 2009. Half of the fatalities were from drowning. Salmon fishing leads the pack with 39 deaths. Amazingly, most of this incidents are on smaller gillnet vessels and the most alarming factor is that no one was using a PFD. So, here is a video about fishermen’s best friend, the Immersion Suit. For the full audio, check out FishRadio here.
- Improved handling practices noted for Bristol Bay salmon (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- ComFish gets an earful on seafood market competition (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Alaska Fisheries Report: Slow Fishing, King Salmon Season and Board of Fisheries | APRN (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Oregon gets salmon season. (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Herring roe fishery opens with few fishermen (juneautek.wordpress.com)