Just when you think the salmon season is over, the chum salmon start to return to Puget Sound. The fishery just started this week and will last until the end of November. The price is hovering at about 1.25 a pound, which makes the fishery worthwhile. The average crew share for fall fishing is about 6000 bucks over 7 to 10 days of actual fishing. Good luck to everyone out there. Let’s hope for a huge chum return. The price should be incredible considering the lack of chum salmon over the summer in Alaska.
- It’s orca time in central Puget Sound (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Puget Sound Treasure: Washington Tribes Turn Clams into Cash in Asian Market (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Public invited to share input on Puget Sound recovery plan (pnwlocalnews.com)
- Winter Puget Sound Dungeness crab seasons to be announced soon (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Moving from strategizing to cleanup of Puget Sound (seattletimes.nwsource.com)