The first-day total from Kodiak commercial salmon fishing was more than 32,000 fish. KMXT-Radio reported the bulk of Thursday’s catch was sockeye salmon, along with some chum, kings and a few early pinks.
About half of the sockeye came from the Cape Igvak and Wide Bay district.
- Once Again, Debunking Commercial Fishing Stereotypes (commercialfishingmom.com)
- 2011 Fraser River sockeye returns will be low: scientists (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Salmon season soon to officially gets underway By LAINE WELCH (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Boats make strong showing in Copper River opener (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Gulf Wild Cuts Down On Seafood Fraud By Electronically Tagging Fish (fastcompany.com)
- Fisheries council to debate limit on Gulf of Alaska salmon bycatch (thenewstribune.com)
- Former B.C. chief says sockeye was stolen from her tribe (theglobeandmail.com)
- Fleet’s accidental catch of of chinook limited (seattletimes.nwsource.com)